Tuesday 6 June 2017

Review - Evil is a Matter of Perspective

The title says it all. In this anthology, evil really is a matter of perspective. And damn, it's fucking fantastic! Featuring some of the sharpest stories I've read in many years, this anthology delivers on so many different levels. Enjoy morally demented characters? This tome has you covered. Like cracking action sequences and bloody mayhem? You'll find it in spades. I was enthralled from start to finish as I waded through familiar universes and some that weren't so familiar. In fact, one of the coolest things about this anthology was that it introduced me to some new writers whose work I am now dying to check out more. 

Did I have any favourites? Well I thought Michael R. Fletcher's 'The Broken Dead' reinforced my view that he's the best up and coming talent in dark fantasy right now. I adored Alex Marshall's 'The Divine Death of Jirella Martigore', and Teresa Frohock and Shaun Speakman impressed with 'Every Hair Casts a Shadow' and 'The Darkness Within the Light'. My favourite story, however, was 'Blood Penny' by Deborah A. Wolf. Telling the tale of a demon-tainted waif, Wolf weaved a dark and suspenseful story of revenge and black magic that left me stunned and overjoyed at the same time.

All in all I loved this book. I can't really top that. Evil is a Matter of Perspective is, hands down, one of the best dark fantasy tomes I've ever read. If you like grimdark or fantasy fiction you'll find a lot to love here. 

Five out of five stars. A must read for speculative fiction fans. 

Buy a copy today. 


2 comments:

  1. Your content helped me a lot to take my doubts, amazing content, thank you very much for sharing.Check out this best auto clicker software which ad free and virus free.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking great work dear, I really appreciated you on this quality work. Nice post!! these tips may help me for the future.This Blog is interesting and please checkout for more information Trolley Bay Kits in Australia.

    ReplyDelete